Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Here’s my top 5:
1. Lose weight- I’ve gained so much weight and I promise the next year I’ll start eating healthy foods and exercise. My goal is to get the ideal weight I wanted. So I can wear my swimsuit for the next summer. Wish me luck!
2. Think positive- I’m pessimistic sometimes and I wanted to erase that behavior this New Year.
3. Stop Procrastinating- This is the bad habit I have when I got here. I promise I’ll do whatever things should be done in time. This is the reason why my driver’s permit expires. LOL!
4. Get a job- I need to pass the road test so I could find a job soon. I know I can make it with God’s guidance.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Places I would like to visit and why:
1.) Niagara Falls, Canada- I’ve been longing to visit this place someday. I think this wonderful place is ideal to lift your spirits and indulge your senses.
2.) London, United Kingdom- I really want to see the historic monument “ Tower of London”.
The royal palace and a prison for high status and royal prisoners. LOL!
3.) Hongkong, China- when I was still in the Philippines, I dream to visit this country. One of the most densely populated areas in the world.
4.) Cancun, Mexico- I envied my friends who were having a great time in this place. Someday, my husband and I will have a vacation in Cancun. I wish!
Favorite things to munch on:
1.) Peanuts- any kinds of peanuts as long as it taste good. LOL! I love it!
2.) Banana Split- I can’t help not to crave for it.
3.) Strawberry cheesecake- I just found out how yummy it is. Love it!
4.) Chocolates- One of my favorites. LOL!
Favorite sites for online shopping:
4 things you have to get done this weekend
1.) Buy some goodies at the Filipino Store.
2.) Buy a winter jacket.
3.) Send the gifts to the Philippines.
4.) Pay the bills.
4 things that pop up when you Google my name
1.) Free artist Portfolio at absolutehearts.com
2.) Jack Russells Art for sale
3.) Art Listing (PaintersKeys.com)
4.) Flicker Photo stream
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Simplify your life:
1. Hire help- Try to hire someone who can help your work get done easily.
2. Do one thing at a time- it's nearly impossible to do everything at once and do it well.
3. Take a message- if you are "working" on something important, you do not have to feel obligated to answer the phone. You have a right to take care of your needs before the needs of others.
4. Don't obsess over cleanliness- Cleaning is important in our daily lives. However, don’t too over obsess with it that you'll forget to do what is more important.
5. Prioritize- Figure out the amount of time each task will take you to accomplish. Do not bite off more than you can chew. Make sure you measure your success on a daily basis.
6. Simplify your social life- the connection between you and your friends are more essential than a lavish extravaganza.
7. Take a break- your body, just like your car, deserves to be refueled. You simply cannot do it all if you haven't replenished your energy source.
Two days from now, we will be celebrating Christmas once again. Gosh! I’m sure that most of you are excited right now. Of course, you can’t wait to open your gifts. Isn’t it right? Well, you’re not alone. LOL! I’m also excited to know what’s in my gifts. I can’t wait to open it. But, I want to ask you one question. Are you done shopping yet? Well if not, you can still shop the last minute gifts from Kmart. In fact, you can still take advantage of their layaway program, no interest for six months and great holiday gifts under $25. Yeah, you heard it right. Wow! This is really good news to those who want to save money on their shopping. Frankly, I can’t figure out what type of gift my husband would like. Although, he told me that he doesn’t need any gifts this Christmas. But, I can’t sleep thinking about it. So, what I’m going to do is to find an item that I can afford. That would be my gift for him. Luckily, I found this Craftsman 23-inch hand toolbox while browsing at Kmart site. My husband is a mechanic so he probably likes this toolbox. I might purchase Joe Boxer Thermal Pants as well since it’s getting colder out here. Whew! Thanks God! I’m done! Guys, what are you waiting for? Visit the site and start shopping now.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
I just want to greet my mom a happy birthday today. Mom, you’re getting older now. LOL! That’s only a joke mom. I just want to make you smile in your special day. I don’t want you to cry. I know you’re missing me everyday. I hope you understand me. It’s hard to be away with you all. But, I can’t help about it right now. Too bad you can’t celebrate your birthday with me. But, I’ll try my best to get a vacation by next year. You know how much I miss you. All I wish to God is that he will give you good health and more happiness in life. And, I wish I’d able to celebrate Christmas there, too. I’m pretty sure that you only wish for the good of your children. Mom, Just always pray to God. I know one of these days everything will be fine. And, always remember that I love you very much. Anyway, I’ll send my birthday gift next week. Hope you like it. Enjoy your birthday mom. :)
Here are the tips:
1. Go Richer- switch to heavier cream that lists water as the first ingredient to instantly hydrate.
2. Take a cool shower- hot water washes away your body’s natural lipids, which keep skin hydrated.
3. Exfoliate dull, rough spots- Exfoliate once a week with a shower pouf to promote healthy skin turnover.
4. Stop scratching- Scratching causes irritation, which then causes to itch more.
5. Eat some fat- avoiding fat is not healthy and it can dry out your skin.
6. Get more sleep- skin repairs itself, healing dryness as you snooze.
7. Treat hands and feet- give hands and feet a boost by applying a rich moisturizer and then putting on socks and gloves.
8. Use sunscreen- the sun’s rays are just as damaging in the winter. Use SFP with physical blocking agents, which protect against both UVA.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Are looking for great gift ideas this Christmas? Why not visit fourseasonsstore.com site. They have unique selection of products such as electronics, giftware, toys, perfumes, jewelry and much more. They also offer a unique range of branded items at affordable prices. Isn’t it great? Cool! Huh! I was even browsing for perfumes so I could send it to my mom. A set of perfume is a perfect gift for her. I’m sure she’ll love the scent of the perfume that I choose for her. She’s pretty excited right now. She can’t wait to receive the gift. So if you are not done shopping yet then visit the site right now. I’m sure you’ll find what you’re looking for. Enjoy shopping!
Friday, December 12, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
In fact, I’ve collected a couple of pretty artworks when I was still in the Philippines. But, I was disappointed since I can’t bring those items with me. It would be great if I brought the huge frames with me. LOL! Well, at least, I found a retail online site that offers a great selection of products such as art, t-shirts and novelty items. Mary Jane Goods creates original and intelligent pieces of art that are unique. Mary Jane Goods is an idea conceptualized by the idea of fusing “high science” with “ high art”. Mary Jane Goods is also inspired by Grandmason’s work with the DNA of endangered species.
While browsing at their site, I found these two items that really captures my attention. You can find the pictures above my post. The design of this art is similar to the lamps in our bedroom. It’s very pretty. This is really a perfect timing because we’ve planned to renovate our living room next month. And, I need simple and colorful prints that would fit the color of our wall. I’m pretty excited right now. I can’t wait to decorate and transform our living room. So how about you? Visit the site and start browsing for items, too.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
These are the 2 pictures of my mom with aunt while meeting my friend at Surigao City. I requested my friend if she can meet my mom. Luckily, she was fine with it. My mom really wants to know if I’m okay here. And, she wants to send some knick-knacks for me. As you can see in the picture, it’s obvious that she was crying. Actually, we’re very close. I always bond together. We are like friends. That’s why she was having a separation anxiety sometimes. Some of my friends would tell that I was her favorite daughter. She never admits it. But, I can see how she treats me than my sister. My sister would complain sometimes. She keeps telling me to get a vacation to the Philippines. I told her that I’d do it next year. It’s not the right time for me to have a vacation. Fare ticket is really expensive. Plus, I need to pass my road test first before I go home. Yeah, I really missed them so bad. But, I need to be reasonable of my decision. I don’t want to regret it. I know they will understand me. For now, I’ll keep on praying that I can find a cheap fare ticket. LOL!
Here are the fat-burning tips:
- Commit to 10 minutes of continues exercise when you wake up in the morning.
- Commit to 10 minutes of walk in the morning or lunchtime.
- Commit to taking the stairs a specific number of times.
- Perform some isometric exercise to help strengthen and tighten your muscles.
- Invest in a pedometer- it’s a small device you can carry that records the amount of miles you walk per day.
- Take a 5 minute exercise breaks and perform some muscle-stimulating and calorie burning exercise while watching TV.
- Perform at least 1 exercise movement per day for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Take the longest route every time you have to walk somewhere.
- Double-up stairs.
- Perform any of the above with your spouse or a friend.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Top 10 Droppers:
Trade Forex Online-31
Our Journey to Forever-31
What a bald guy told me about -30
Melissas Jewelry and Gem Blog-30