Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Household Tip



A couple months ago, my hubby bought a wooden cutting board so I could use it when cutting veggies and meat. Now, I’m a little bit worried since my husband doesn’t listen to me. He wants me to use the same board for cutting veggies and meat. I’ve told him that it’s not safe. I don’t want to get bacteria for using the same cutting board. So I research in Yahoo about the safest ways to do and How to clean a wooden cutting board. I found out that I shouldn’t use the same cutting board for cutting veggies and meat. This will prevent cross contamination. Gosh! I was really correct. With cleaning, wooden board cannot be put in the dishwasher since it will ruin the wood. However, if you’re using plastic- the quickest way to clean is to put it in the dishwasher. For wooden board, you can scrub it with soap thoroughly. Then, let it dry before you put it in the cabinet. Another tip, you can spray the surface of the board with acetic vinegar for 20 minutes then wipe it. Now I know, I will never use the wooden board anymore. LOL! I probably tell hubby to buy another cutting board or else he will be reprimanded. Just joking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are some bamboo boards that you can put in the dishwasher and can be used for veggies and meat. We have 2 of them but it was my husband who bought them at matagal na yun. Di ko na maalala kung saan binili...hehehe!

Anonymous said...

I have a set of thin plastic cutting boards that I use for my meats (they were cheap too, so if they get too scratched, I won't feel horrible for throwing them away). One thing I must mention though... Do not use bamboo for meats. Bamboo is a type of grass and is very porous, which means it'll soak in any bacteria very easily. So when it comes down to it, use plastic for meats and in the dishwasher, keep the wooden and bamboo ones for veggies and other ready-to-eat items. :)

 


ss_blog_claim=8e9242aeb465823bbe844c3af4799d9b