Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Autism Support Network

Having family members who have autism disorder is not an easy task to tackle. It involves a lot of challenges, patience and acceptance. I recall one instance about my friend who had an autistic sister. She never introduced me to her sister. I can’t blame her for behaving like that. I understand it. She might be afraid to tell me about it. Or, perhaps she doesn’t want to hear any negative reaction from me in which I know for sure that it’s not going to happen. I have respect for all mankind. But, I never bother to ask her anymore. I don’t want to hurt her feelings. How I wish I could show her the site I found today where she could be reminded that she’s not alone and she doesn’t have to worry anymore. Autism Support Network has recently launched its free online support community available at http://www.austismsupportnetwork.com/. It connects families and an individual touched by autism spectrum disorder with each other, provides support and insight, and acts as a resource guide for treatments, strategies and therapies. At this site, you are allowed to share information, chat with other members and share photos. So I encourage every one to visit the site and share what you have learned from this site. This may help them realize that having autistic family members is not that hard to accept. If interested, just visit the site for more information.

No comments:

 


ss_blog_claim=8e9242aeb465823bbe844c3af4799d9b