Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Winter Skin Made Easy

I arrived in the US last winter season. Then, I started to get skin problems like pimples. My husband keeps telling me to stay away from chocolates. But, I suspected that my skin problem is not due to chocolate only. I think one of the factors of having pimples or dry skin is the cold weather. I’m not quite sure but I feel that’s one of the reason I had pimples the first month I got here. Or perhaps, the oily foods I consume almost every day. When I was still in the Philippines, I used to eat fresh fish and vegetables. But, it’s different when I arrive here. Anyway, I’ve read an article in the magazine about ways to get radiant skin in winter. I might try these great tips. It might help prevent from having flaky skin.

Here are the tips:

1. Go Richer- switch to heavier cream that lists water as the first ingredient to instantly hydrate.
2. Take a cool shower- hot water washes away your body’s natural lipids, which keep skin hydrated.
3. Exfoliate dull, rough spots- Exfoliate once a week with a shower pouf to promote healthy skin turnover.
4. Stop scratching- Scratching causes irritation, which then causes to itch more.
5. Eat some fat- avoiding fat is not healthy and it can dry out your skin.
6. Get more sleep- skin repairs itself, healing dryness as you snooze.
7. Treat hands and feet- give hands and feet a boost by applying a rich moisturizer and then putting on socks and gloves.
8. Use sunscreen- the sun’s rays are just as damaging in the winter. Use SFP with physical blocking agents, which protect against both UVA.

No comments:

 


ss_blog_claim=8e9242aeb465823bbe844c3af4799d9b