Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Monday, January 12, 2009

Grapefruit- Good for weight loss!


I was reading an article online that states Grapefruit is great fruit for weight loss. I’ve heard this before but I just ignored it. Besides, I don’t like this kind of fruit. Though, I like the sour taste of it but it is still bitter for me. LOL! Anyway, I found out that grapefruit also took a bite out of insulin resistance in folks with metabolic syndrome. The whole grapefruit has appetite-controlling fiber as well. According to the Wikipedia, this fruit is an excellent source of many nutrients and photochemical, able to contribute to a healthy diet. Grapefruit is a good source of vitamin C, pectin fiber, and the pink and red hues contain the beneficial antioxidant lycopene. Studies have shown grapefruit helps lower cholesterol and there is evidence that the seeds have high levels of antioxidant properties. The fruit’s low glycemic index is able to help the body’s metabolism burn fat. Sound interesting to me. I better include this bitter fruit in my diet. Huh! Well, let’s see if it works for me. I’ll try grapefruit diet! :)

No comments:

 


ss_blog_claim=8e9242aeb465823bbe844c3af4799d9b