Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Friday, October 3, 2008

About Pilates


Last week, I’ve started including Pilates in my exercise routine. I will make it sure that I perform Pilates at least twice a week. It’s good for developing my mental and physical health. My first week of doing Pilates was really hard. My abs hurts the first time I do it. Gosh! But, it’s worth it. I feel rejuvenated after all the sweat. Eventually, it will be easier for me. All I need is more determination and consistency. According to Wikipedia, the central aim of Pilates is to create a fusion of mind and body, so that without thinking about it the body will move with economy, grace and balance. Pilates helps in the circulation of blood so that it could awaken all the cells in the body and carry away the wastes related to fatigue. Just do or breath properly to prevent wasting gases. All energy of Pilate’s exercises is said to begin from the powerhouse and flow outward to the limbs. In other words, the Pilates technique asserts that physical energy from the center should coordinate movements of the extremities. Pilates also demands intense focus. Practitioners are instructed to perform every exercise with the utmost control, including all body parts, to avoid injury and produce positive results. So, how about you? Why not include Pilates in your exercise routine. I’m sure you’ll like it too.

1 comment:

Lynda Lippin said...

I teach Pilates and as a vacation treat for my month long holiday in NYC I am taking Pilates classes as a student at least twice a week. It's hard and wonderful and I remember now why I fell in love with it in the first place!

Lynda Lippin, Pilates Teacher

 


ss_blog_claim=8e9242aeb465823bbe844c3af4799d9b