Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Watching The Oscars!

Thanks for the post from Barney Crosby

I love watching the Oscars. That includes the pre-show, where I can let my inner fashion critic out and maintain a running (critical) commentary directed at either my cats or my long suffering boyfriend. I always make sure to have snacks ready and to let friends and family know that I will not be answering the phone except during commercials. And the most they will get out of me then is a brief speech about why orange is not an acceptable color to wear on a red carpet. And then I will hang up on them.

This year I enjoyed them as much as ever. I was able to flip on our awesome satellite television in North Carolina and settle in for the duration, snacks and cats near at hand. Sandra Bullock looked great and at that point we didn't yet know what a jerk her husband would turn out to be so watching him tear up as she accepted her award was really sweet. 'Avatar' of course won a bunch of awards as did 'The Hurt Locker.' Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin were super funny together - not that it's hard for Steve Martin to be funny - so no disappointment there. Ben Stiller, in full 'Avatar' make-up, was definitely hilarious too. Maybe they can look at him to host next year? Whoever they pick, I'm already looking forward to 2011 and getting to watch and dream of winning one myself.

No comments:

 


ss_blog_claim=8e9242aeb465823bbe844c3af4799d9b