1. Get regular exposure to daylight, especially in the afternoon- I tried to get some sunlight every day but I’m just wondering I still can’t sleep.
2. Prior to bedtime, use dimmer switches or turn off a few lamps to lower the lighting in your home- as what I’ve posted above, I am afraid of the dark. LOL!
3. Don’t allow yourself to nod off on the sofa- I really don’t sleep in the sofa. It’s a pain in the ass.
4. Use your bedroom only for sleep and sex- Yeah; it’s really comfortable if you sleep in the bed.
5. When you can’t sleep, try using imagery and thoughts to relax- yeah, I tried this one and it works for me.
6. If you haven’t dropped off within about 20 minutes, get our of bed and read or engage in some other quite activity- this also works for me. I even do some exercise just to make myself tired and sleepy.
7. Put the alarm clock out of sight- this is definitely true! Looking at your clock will only keep you awake.
Reference: E-diets article