Wednesday, November 5, 2008
I guess all of us are already aware how exercise can benefit our body. It can contribute positively to maintaining a healthy weight and strengthening the immune system. Regular exercise has been shown to help prevent serious chronic conditions such obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes or even depression. Physical activity is thought to have other beneficial effects related to cognition as it increases levels of nerve growth factors, which support the survival and growth of number of neuronal cells. Physical exercise is also a way to heal emotional pain and very effective medication to those who are depressed. That means that physical exercise is not only helpful for healing pain, but to achieve true happiness as well. I’ve read this in the magazine and I want to share it with you. It’s all about the ways you can increase your sense of happiness through exercise.
1. Exercise will bring you into a totally new world and can forever positively transform your life.
2. Exercise will tone your body. Therefore you will begin to feel better about the way you look.
3. The brain chemistry changes while you are working out; leading to feeling calm.
4. You will feel a sense of accomplishment after each time you exercise leading to improved self-esteem.
5. Exercise can be a healthy means of distracting yourself from your emotional pain. Exercise can also be a means to face your emotional pain because the increased confidence will allow you to deal with internal traumas in a bold, self-assured manner.
6. Exercise by itself is known to improve depression and anxiety.
Posted by joytoy at 2:02 PM