Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Saturday, November 1, 2008

I love peanuts


I love peanuts. I would eat it boiled, fried or roasted. I don’t care how it was cooked as long as it’s peanut. LOL! No wonder I got a lot of pimples. I usually eat fried peanut when I was still in the Philippines. A guy sells it in our office. I like his peanuts since it’s a little bit salty and spicy. That’s why I missed it already. The peanuts here are different. You can find big shell peanuts in the market. I enjoyed eating it. My husband cannot believe I can eat a whole bag of peanuts in 2 days. But, I can get benefits eating peanuts if I eat it moderately. According to Wikipedia, peanuts are rich source of protein (roughly 30 grams per cup after roasting). Prior to 1990 the PER method of protein evaluation considered peanut protein along with soy protein an incomplete protein, containing relatively low amounts of the essential amino acids, cystine, and methionine (but high in lysine), and it was advised to be sure that a diet or meal with peanuts as a staple also include complementary foods such as whole grains like corn and wheat, which are adequate in methionine but limited by lysine. Peanut oil is a mainly monounsaturated fat, much of which is oleic acid, the healthful type of fat that has been implicated for skin health. Some say peanuts are an unbalanced source of fat because they have only trace amounts of required Omega-3-fats. Some brands of peanut butter are fortified with Omega-3 in the form of flaxseed oil to balance the ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6. So guys, you better include peanuts in your diet. However, don’t forget to eat it moderately.

No comments:

 


ss_blog_claim=8e9242aeb465823bbe844c3af4799d9b